Brian Kuppelweiser assists his clients in the various life cycles of their business, including the formation of a business, acquisition/sale of a business, and general operation of a business. Brian prides himself in providing practical, thorough advice to his clients that will ultimately accomplish a client’s end goal in a timely and diligent manner. In order to accomplish these goals, when possible, Brian particularly enjoys meeting with his clients at their place of business in order to gain a better understanding of their operations.
Brian regularly advises clients on the purchase and sale of businesses, the negotiation, drafting, and review of a variety of contracts, and the formation of various corporate entities. Brian also advises clients on matters relating to business and contractual disputes, having previously represented clients in resolution of disputes through alternative means. Most importantly, though, Brian enjoys being a trusted advisor for his clients.
Through his connections within the community, Brian is happy to assist in connecting his clients with other professionals in the area that will help them achieve their business goals.
During law school, Brian teamed with two classmates to win the inaugural Wake Forest University School of Law Transactional Law Competition. In addition, Brian’s team received recognition as the competition’s best negotiators.
– Provided general legal advice to CFOs, CEOs, and directors of companies ranging from single-shareholder/single-member businesses to multinational corporations with more than $1B in annual revenues
– Assisted a seller with a $170M stock sale to private equity within the construction supplies industry
– Assisted a buyer with a $70M asset acquisition simultaneously with a $110M bank finance restructuring within the building supplies industry
– Assisted in the drafting of complex warranties for commercial HVAC and roofing client for a line of business expected to generate in excess of $40M+ in revenue annually
– Assisted several different clients with numerous asset or stock transactions (both as buyer and seller) in transactions with values of $10M or less in various business sectors, including manufacturing, education management, and professional services (veterinary, dental, medical, and optometric services).
– Served as outside counsel to for-profit and non-profit corporate clients
– Represented lenders in a variety of complex lending transactions.
Outside The Office
When not in the office, Brian enjoys spending time with his wife, Cassie, their daughter, Emma, and their two dogs, Maggie and Lucy. Brian enjoys working out at Burn Boot Camp Greensboro and placed second in the men’s advanced category of Burn Boot Camp Greensboro’s 2023 Level Up Games. Brian enjoys cooking (especially making homemade pizzas), visiting craft breweries, and traveling to anywhere that has a beach. Brian is originally from Pittsburgh, PA and has lived in the Triad since 2013. Additionally, Brian likes watching (and attending when possible) NASCAR races, West Virginia University football and basketball, the Pittsburgh Steelers, and the Pittsburgh Penguins. Prior to attending law school, Brian had extensive experience working in collegiate and professional athletics, as he worked for the Atlantic Coast Conference, West Virginia University, and the Pittsburgh Pirates in various capacities, including business and legal affairs, communications, public relations, and marketing.