Sarah F. Sparrow
Sarah Sparrow has been practicing bankruptcy and insolvency law for more than 30 years. She has been certified in consumer and business bankruptcy law by the NC Board of Legal Specialization from 1996-2021 and the American Board of Certification from 2007-2019. She is currently available for consultation regarding commercial bankruptcy matters.
Sarah has represented numerous creditors in bankruptcy court and out of court to help them assert their rights and defend their interests. From representing landlords to protect their interests when tenants file bankruptcy, to representing defendants when sued in bankruptcy court, Sarah is well versed in bankruptcy law and has served as a strong advocate for her clients.
Her work has focused on Chapter 11 business reorganizations and Chapter 7 litigation. She has represented businesses and individuals in litigation including,
- fraudulent transfers
- officer and director liability
- relief from the automatic stay
- intellectual property issues
In the past, Sarah has served as a law clerk to two bankruptcy judges and served as a bankruptcy trustee and as attorney to a bankruptcy trustee. Additionally, she has handled commercial bankruptcy matters in other states outside of North Carolina and has worked on bankruptcy matters from the creditor as well as the debtor perspective.
Recent Representative Matters
- Assisted clients to resolve a complex legal problem to save their home when the contract counterparty filed bankruptcy and their legal rights became disputed.
- Helped a client obtain a court order determining non-dischargeability when the judgment debtor filed bankruptcy.
- Represented numerous manufacturing clients and other business entities in resolving preference claims.
Outside of the Office
When not in the office, Sarah enjoys playing golf, traveling and spending time with her family.