Throughout his 40 years of practicing law, Scott Gayle has prided himself on keeping clients and their needs at the center of his practice. Whether helping a client that he has represented for 30 years, or working with a new client, he focuses on finding cost-effective solutions to difficult and complex problems affecting their businesses and personal lives. Scott has a broad business practice with a focus on commercial real estate transactions, including handling of:
- Business Succession Planning
- Formation of LLCs and S-corporations
- Purchase and Sale Agreements for Buyers and Sellers
- Hotels, convenience stores and apartment complexes
- Franchise Agreement Negotiations
- Restaurants and craft breweries
- Commercial buildings and warehouses
- Medical and dental offices
- Complex leases (including offices and shopping centers)
- Conventional and construction loan closings
- Private loan documentation
- Title searches and title insurance policies
Scott is an approved attorney for (among others), Chicago Title Insurance Company, Fidelity National Title Insurance and Investors Title Insurance Company.
Scott provides his corporate clients with long-term business advice and services such as purchase and sale agreements for buyers or sellers, shareholders’ agreements, employment and non-compete agreements, non-disclosure agreements and leases of all types.
In addition, Scott works closely with the firm’s estate planning attorneys to help owners of companies coordinate their personal estate plans with a realistic business succession plan. If business litigation is likely or unavoidable, Scott coordinates with the firm’s litigation attorneys to help craft creative out-of-court settlements that can avoid expensive litigation and unpredictable business risks.
Recent Representative Matters
- Restructured a $6 million supply company after the untimely death of one key owner.
- Successfully negotiated lease of a long – vacant commercial lot to a national leader in the automobile leasing industry.
- Handled the acquisition by a non-profit of multiple apartment complexes to lease to university students as dorms, a $20 million transaction.
- Represented the owner of a small closely held manufacturing company in an $8 million sale to a national conglomerate, including a real estate lease-back and consulting employment agreement for the current owner.
- Formed a new LLC of hospitality investors to purchase a large hotel for over $7 million, with complex financing, internal buy-sell agreements, and difficult title issues.
- Handled the sale of two national chain restaurants with complex internal provisions for multiple owners.
- Assisted in the successful dissolution of a physician practice after sale of its assets to a hospital, with employment agreements for the physicians involved after closing, and assumption of a medical office lease by the hospital.
- Acquisition of a new medical office building for a physician practice and coordination of successful transition from prior location.
Outside of the Office
Scott enjoys RV travel and taking international cruises with his wife, Cassandra. Some of their favorite trips include Alaska, Italy, Canada, Nova Scotia, England, Germany, Denmark, Sweden, Estonia, Russia, Croatia and Greece. He also stays busy reading history and keeping up with six nearby grandchildren.