Jesse Anderson knows the ins and outs of complex commercial transactions and enjoys helping clients at all points along the journey. His focus on providing pragmatic solutions to anticipated as well as unanticipated issues makes him an ideal partner in the process. He represents clients in a range of corporate matters including mergers and acquisitions, commercial transactions, entity formations, and other general corporate matters.
Having previously served as vice president of his family’s closely held business in Orlando, Florida, Jesse understands the complexities of business ownership. He works closely with clients on the purchase and sale of businesses, from the negotiation of purchase agreements and assistance with due diligence to the final closing of the transaction. He also assists clients with the negotiation, drafting, and review of contracts, including non-competition and confidentiality agreements, long term supply agreements, intellectual property license agreements, shareholder agreements, and operating agreements. Jesse also advises clients on entity choice and formation and corporate governance issues. He finds great joy in helping business owners at all points in their business’s life cycle, from the energy and optimism of a start up to the satisfaction that comes from a successful business exit. He likes problem solving and using his writing skills to memorialize “the deal.”
During law school at Wake Forest, Jesse served as a Business Editor of the Wake Forest Law Review and as a Teaching Assistant in the areas of legal writing and appellate advocacy. In addition, he was an active member of the Moot Court Board. More recently, Jesse served as an Adjunct Professor of Law at Wake Forest University teaching Legal Analysis, Writing and Research.
Recent Representative Matters
- We assisted a client in the real estate industry in buying out a family member shareholder to resolve a long standing shareholder conflict.
- We were able to help a physicians practice move forward with an innovative and complicated management services relationship with a third party management company.
- Assisted in a $170+ million divesture by a public company in the automotive industry of one of its divisions to a private investor which received a national award for the deal structure from a leading M&A organization.
- Assisted with the successful negotiation of a long term supply agreement for a manufacturer’s innovative utility related product.
- Assisted with an asset sale transaction for a North Carolina based, multi-state service business.
- Assisted an information technology client consummate a joint venture focused on network engineering services.
Outside of the office
Jesse enjoys spending time in the beautiful North Carolina outdoors with his wife, two young children, and their dogs. When not busy exploring North Carolina, Jesse and his wife also enjoy traveling both domestically and abroad, including memorable trips to the Pacific Northwest, Italy, and the British Virgin Islands.
As a native of Orlando, Jesse is also a devoted Orlando Magic fan and continues to hold out hope that one day they will break through and win it all.