Natalie C. Folmar
Natalie Folmar provides timely, thoughtful and practical advice on matters relating to the acquistion and divestiture as well as day-to-day operations of her clients’ businesses . She enjoys solving complex problems and forming creative and practical solutions for her clients. It is this approach that allows her to deliver straight-forward and high-quality work for her clients and their businesses.
Natalie focuses her practice on helping clients, both public and privately-held companies, acquire, sell, merge and generally run their businesses. She is well-versed in a variety of business issues, and works closely with clients to help them achieve their goals while maintaining a keen eye on any related legal issues. She regularly advises clients on entity formation, the purchase and sale of businesses, succession planning and general contract matters. Recently, Natalie has represented banks in a number of lending transactions.
Natalie, a member of the firm’s Management Committee, has previous experience as inside counsel with a firm client, having spent a year onsite within their corporation, learning their business and helping them achieve their strategic goals. While onsite, she handled corporate, contract, employment and purchasing matters. This experience as a consumer of legal services helped Natalie recognize the need for efficient, accurate and practical representation, all of which she strives to provide her clients.
In addition, Natalie has established relationships with other professionals who have proven to be valuable resources for her and for her clients. These relationships ensure the right person is on the job and looking out for the clients’ best interests, even when it means going outside the firm.
- Helped a client with a $100M multi-national M&A transaction within the automotive manufacturing and safety industry
- Spent one year working as inside counsel for a large automotive manufacturer serving as their only in-house corporate attorney
- Works closely with automotive recyclers and has developed an in-depth understanding of the industry.
- Assisted a closely-held business in creating a tax-free spin-off business entity.
- Helped a client in the $70M sale of an international business including addressing the many regulatory issues that arise in international business transactions.
- Assisted a buyer in a $20M merger and asset purchase.
- Assisted with the purchase of various franchise operations.
- Represented lenders in a variety of complex lending transactions.
Outside the Office
When not in the office, Natalie runs, reads (not at the same time) and spends as much time as possible with her family at Kure Beach. She enjoys working out and traveling, having spent summers abroad in Australia, St. Thomas and Europe. Natalie also soaks up every minute that she can with her husband, Lance, and their daughter, Madelyn, at the park or at the pool with neighbors. She also enjoys reruns of The West Wing and any show on the Food Network (though you won’t find her doing much cooking). Natalie is a life-long North Carolinian from Harrisburg, NC.