Whether a dispute goes to trial or can be resolved without filing a lawsuit, Ben Hintze focuses on obtaining the best available outcome for his clients. He uses his knowledge, experience and the collective experience of the attorneys within the firm to handle a wide variety of legal disputes.
Prior to attending law school, Ben worked for several years as the operations manager for his family’s small business. This experience gave him an appreciation for the concerns of business owners and managers and provided him first-hand experience in issues including employment, regulatory compliance, and business contracts. Ben brings this knowledge to his legal practice which helps him to formulate the most practical strategy to address each company’s specific issue. During law school at Wake Forest, he was inducted into the Order of the Coif and served as Business Editor of the Wake Forest Law Review. Ben also received CALI Awards for Excellence in Business of Law, Civil Procedure II, Constitutional Law II and Criminal Law.
Recent Representative Matters
- Obtained substantial jury verdict in federal court trial in construction dispute concerning interpretation of contract documents
- Successfully overturned County Board of Commissioners’ denial of use permit by appealing to North Carolina Court of Appeals
- Represented concrete supplier in matter concerning allegedly defective building foundation
- Represented contractor in contract dispute involving NC DOT highway project
- Represented business owner in dispute with contractor regarding upfit of business property
- Pursued over one hundred real property tax appeals in most recent revaluation cycle
- Represented majority corporate shareholder in dispute with former minority shareholders
- Represented owners of LLC in dispute with potential buyer regarding letter of intent
Outside of the Office
Ben is an avid sports fan, especially with respect to North Carolina basketball and Green Bay football. Additionally, he and his wife love to travel to historic cities in the American South, as well as abroad.