“We are best measured by our outcomes, so focusing on the outcome that our clients are seeking is always my north star.”
Nathan Duggins works alongside clients to offer guidance and direction to meet the ultimate goal for each one. As Managing Partner of Tuggle Duggins, he uses this same approach to lead the firm, keeping an eye toward the Firm’s strategy to help attorneys and staff remain focused on the overarching goal of the Firm – to seamlessly and purposefully serve clients.
In his practice, Nathan helps clients with litigation related to construction, complex business disputes and real estate. Much of Nathan’s experience has come in the utility and commercial construction space. Within these areas, he has structured numerous real estate transactions to optimize outcomes for sellers of all types of real estate. Also, he has negotiated dozens of real estate tax appeal claims with county and city entities throughout North Carolina on behalf of clients.
Additionally, Nathan helps employers with a wide range of employment-related issues including federal and state employment law compliance, hiring practices, termination procedures, and all forms of employee-related litigation. Whether he is helping fix a problem, assisting with building something or simply providing counsel about a sticky situation, Nathan serves as a technical expert as well as the navigator towards the client’s expected outcome.
His practice constantly exposes him to new businesses, new clients and new opportunities. This serves as a great crucible of learning that makes for very few boring days.
Recent Representative Matters
- When a large utility contractor faced significant litigation against a multi-national company, we worked diligently to chart a litigation course that led to a large arbitration award for the client.
- When the CEO of a large regional manufacturing company found himself at odds with the Board of Directors, we worked to find a mutually acceptable solution for the CEO that prevented litigation and unwanted publicity.
- When a bankrupt airline needed “bet the company” counsel in a dispute with a vendor, we stepped in and obtained a significant judgment on behalf of the client, the judgment we obtained remains one of the largest ever awarded in a North Carolina Business Court.
- When a large commercial realtor was concerned that it had missed the deadline to file an important appeal, we worked quickly to find a solution that provided a path for appeal, which we ultimately won.
- When a client found itself in a difficult lawsuit with a former employee, we worked with the company to resolve the dispute, which was in the company’s best interest, even though there was a high level of emotions involved in the dispute.
Outside of the Office
Nathan is often described as easy to interface with and hard-working although he does not define himself by his avocation but rather by his family, friends and community. He is involved in a number of organizations both in the Greensboro community including the Greensboro Chamber, the Guilford Education Alliance, and University of North Carolina at Greensboro.
When he is not working, Nathan enjoys watching his kids play sports, working out, and spending time with friends and family. He is also a fan of a good Netflix marathon.